Friday, November 20, 2009

Hebrews 12

Crystal-
Hebrews 12 is about us just setting our eyes on Jesus. I believe that Jesus wants us to seperate ourselves from the people who aren't helping us in our christian lives. I think that we should want to do that anyway because we want to gt closer to God. We should praise God with everything that we do and say. We should just be running the race and have our eyes set on the prize at the end.

When God says: My son, do not make light of the Lord's discipline, and do not lose heart when he rebukes you.
That is an important verse and something to remember throughout life. We should always stay true and never lose our faith because of correction. I think that correction and discipline is extremely vital to life. Without discipline we would all be crazy people. God blesses us by correcting us and then forgiving us for our sin, he could just forget about us. So we are extremely blessed.

Hebrews 12:14 is telling us to stay pure and make sure that everyone around us is pure. Make everything peaceful or try to atleast. We need to stay out of petty fights. No need to gossip because we need to try and mend fences not be mean to people.
This verse stands out to me the most:
28Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, 29for our "God is a consuming fire." I feel that this is encouragement and it helps me sometimes whenever I feel like giving up. Like it said just keep your eye on the prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment